Monday, January 21, 2008

I'd Have an Affair with Michael Buesink

January is always a pretty depressing month for me, as I'm sure it probably is for you. It's right at the middle of the school year, when you have to come back after a long Christmas vacation where the extent of activities you participated in were limited to opening gifts, eating massive amounts, and debating which Home Alone movie was the best. (Obviously the first.)

Then, it's always cold. I live in Erie, and this is my second winter residing here. Hopefully, it will be my last. I woke up two mornings ago and looked out of my bedroom window to discover that it had snowed about a foot. In five hours.

When I walked outside later that day, I almost cried because of just how fucking cold it was. I wanted to immediately run back inside and either a) lay in my bed and cry, or b) look at photographs of my friends on Facebook.

I spend a great deal of time on the computer during the winter months, since I'd rather tap keys all day and enhance my chances of getting arthritis and carpal tunnel than venture outside for five minutes, and Facebook has become a big part of my pastime on the computer since I've been in college.

It's kind of addicting, and it gives you something to do in Erie when there's really not a whole lot else going on.

That's why I was astounded when my good friend and roomate, Michael, told me a few days ago that he'd deleted his Facebook. He wanted to swim against the stream apparently, and told me that he "doesn't care what everyone is doing, and doesn't need to sit around looking at it all the time."

I'd think that Mike would need it more than anyone, because he's lived in Erie his entire life and has to be getting fed up with these dismal wintery situations, but he's decided to swim against the stream.

Michael is also a very funny human being, and I like to spend time with him. He's really nice and would give you the shirt off of his back, if you really needed it. He'd give it to you if you didn't need it, just so he could walk around shirtless and display his rippling abdomen to you and the rest of the inhabitants of your living room.

I can honestly say that Michael Buesink is flawless (except for the fact that he likes NASCAR), and he is now without a Facebook. He is more of a man than I.

I know this was all over the place, but I was bored and felt that my love and respect for Mr. Buesink should be known the world over. I couldn't keep it quiet anymore.

So, Michael Lee Buesink is January's Man Crush of the Month.

No comments: