Monday, April 9, 2007

Well, if Winter Ends.

It's hard not to be cynical about certain things lately, and I think I know why: the fucking weather sucks. It is almost the middle of April and there is snow on the ground in Pennsylvania. It snowed yesterday on Easter, and it did not snow on Christmas this year.

There is something deeply wrong with this, and the only consolation that I can get from any of it is knowing that Al Gore's theories on global warming have pretty effectively been shot to shit. All of this proves that the dude has no idea what he is talking about. We all freaked out and thought he was some kind of sage when it was warm around Christmas this year, but now doubt is--and should be--shown when it is snowing in April.

I don't think that there is any logic to it, and I don't think that the planet is in any real kind of trouble. I just think that Mother Nature (or whoever is in charge of weather patterns) is pissed at us or is just getting a huge kick out of all of this.

All I know is that I hope this comes to a stop, and soon, because this type of weather does nothin for people's moods. The Pirates had their opening day today in sub 40 degree temperatures, so fans sat in their bleachers in winter coats equipped with handwarmers and mittens to cheer on their home team at the start of the season. This can piss people off extremely, and I'm sure it caused some normally loyal fans to altogether skip the game.

Like Pirate fans don't have enough to be pissed about already. Throw in cold weather and there is bound to be some sort of mutiny before long.

Normally in April people are just happy to be able to go outside after a long winter and sort of enjoy themselves. The sun sets later, and there's that unmistakable smell of spring in the air that for some reason really gets the masses going. This isn't happening this year. You see a lot of scowls outside, and I'm still seeing winter coats made by The North Face everywhere I fucking go. It's depressing.

Well, at least I've been stuck inside for the last two weeks doing battle with a serious case of mono, so if there had been good weather, I wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway.

All of this made no sense, if you're mad that I wasted your time you get one (1) free spleen shot.

1 comment:

Who Likes Wine in a Box? said...

Ew! No snow on Christmas and no sun on Easter. No wonder you aren't in a good mood.
I don't know you, but every day I am randomly reading a new person's blog and will keep up with any new updates. I hope your mono gets better and you have many long days of summer ahead of you.
Loved the comments about Gore.
I have a blog, too. www.wineinabox.blogspot.com